03 Jul A Girl’s Guide to Surviving the Hawaii Bridal Expo
Congratulations your engaged!
Now it’s time to plan your dream wedding. What better way to start than attending the Hawaii Bridal Expo… You can pre-purchase your tickets at Ticketmaster.
Attending the Hawaii Bridal Expo is a fabulous way to gather and shop vendors all in one place. Did you know that we meet about 50% of our couples at the Bridal Expo? It’s a great place to take advantage of show specials and save some $$$$$ on your big day!
Attending an Expo can be an overwhelming endeavor with the bustling crowd and the many exhibitor booths to check out, a novice can get lost. I remember attending my first trade show and I almost passed out I was so overwhelmed with the crowd and exhibits. The next time I attended the show (which happens to be WPPI in Las Vegas) I decided I needed a game plan. With a little planning you can navigate your way around and enjoy yourself. Go ahead, grab your walking shoes and lets go!
- Rsearch the Hawaii Bridal Expo – find out which vendors are going to be exhibiting there and plan on which ones you’ll want to connect with. With this in mind, know which vendors you already have booked and save time skipping over those in the same area.
- Create a Wedding email address – A no brainer, this gives you one place to have all your wedding information in one place and not have your regular email inundated with vendor emails after the show.
- Round up your entourage – I suggest two or three people at most ~ your fiancee, mother, sister, maid of honor, or BFF. The expo is a buffet of exhibitors and too big of entourage may keep you lingering around when you want to move on to the next or move you out too quickly.
- Bring Pre-Printed Address Labels – Be sure to include your name, your fiancee’s name, wedding date (if you have one set), mailing address, (wedding) email address, phone number. You can use these for vendors asking for your info and enter to win prizes and special offers and follow up.
- Pre-Register for the Hawaii Bridal Expo – you can do that here. www.bridesclub.com This way you can avoid having to do so upon arrival and pretty much walk in. And get there early.
- Day of the Expo – Dress to impress but, be comfortable, you can’t walk around in 4” heels for very long, wear comfortable shoes, you’ll be thanking me that you did. Guys, wear a button down or polo shirt and jeans. Bring a bottle of water one for you and one for your honey, and stay hydrated – yes, they’ll be food available but, bring it yourself you’ll be happy you did. Bring a accordion folder or notebook to organize all the information collected. This way you can follow up efficiently after the expo.
- Bring your camera and take pictures of what you like… this way you’ll remember when you get home (remember to ask first).
- Keep your calendar ready – Many exhibitors will want to book consultations with you while your attending the expo.
- Ask questions! We love it when you have them…or simply just start a conversation, sometimes just talking story a little bit you can see if you make that connection with someone.
- Did I mention wear comfortable shoes yet? Oh I did. I’ll remind you here again 😉 You’ll be thanking me later…I promise.
- When looking for a photographer, I believe making that connection personally is so important. Your images will turn out so much better when your comfortable with them.
- Enjoy the Expo – Make a day of it – Enjoy the sampling, entertainment, and excitement…this is your time after all!
See you in the lobby!
Jeannemarie is Hawaii’s Premier destination wedding photographer. She is base out of Wailea Maui and Honolulu Oahu and is ready to photograph you where ever you day takes you. Contact her today for your free timeline and photography consultation email@example.com